ROSS LEATHER PIPE BAGS
The Ross Breathable Leather Bag gives you the benefits of both the traditional Ross bag combined with classic leather. The leather is carefully treated and selected to provide the same breathability as the Breathable Ross Suede Pipe Bag.
The combined thickness and weight provide a bag that is comparable to any sheepskin bag, in terms of tone, feel and comfort, yet without the need for any cutting, tying-in, nor seasoning. This means the ultimate in pipe bag experience. Due to the multi-layer design, the resulting tone is resonant, solid and firm, and the bag feels extremely comfortable under the arm.
The bag has been subject to testing here at Ozscot Bagpipes and has performed exceptionally well.
The new Ross Breathable Leather Pipe Bag has some major improvements over previous bags:
- Much greater comfort and "feel" to the bags, with a vibrance that is on a par with sheepskin pipe bags
- Highly breathable, meaning faster moisture transfer from inside the bag to the outside
- Has a much more flexible and free moving zip, for easier opening/closing
- Stocks are more easily inserted and removed
- The new canister design enables the canisters to be connected and removed with much greater ease
- Inside the canister, there is an extra 50% more space for granules for the bass drone, which requires more drying than the tenor drones
- Air-flow to each of the drones and chanter can be regulated to allow extra moisture to pass through via external colour coded rings
- There is a 2-year warranty on the bags from the date of purchase
*note: a standard hide bag size is roughly equivalent to our ES bag.
The Ross Xtra Comfort range is now available at no extra cost as a new ergonomically designed bag shape with a slim front-end bag shape. The Ross Xtra Comfort design minimises contact between bag and forearm, therefore relieving tension in the top hand.